Brightside Church is seeking our next Children’s Pastor / Director. This individual will be working as part of an exciting ministry team that is focused on working together to create ministry environments where people can find and learn to follow Jesus. This is a part-time position that has the potential to become full time in the future. This is a great opportunity to grow and learn on the staff of a contemporary, exciting, and growing ministry.
Education Requirements: Bachelor in biblical studies / Children’s Ministry / or working towards completion
Contact: Pastor Greg Cooper, Greg@Brightside.org
8175 Broadmoor Ave. SE, Caledonia, Mi 49316
Resumes will be received until position is filled (position will begin Fall, 2017). You may send your resume for consideration by mail or email.
Summary and Expectations
The Children’s Director / Pastor provides leadership and spiritual care for kids and their families.
- develop vision and infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the church’s ministry strategies and philosophy
- lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family
- represent Christ and His church well in the community at large
- be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own
- in all of their actions, they will be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church
To lead a team of volunteers to seek, attract and win students to Christ, build them toward Christ-like maturity and equip them to minister and win other students to Christ.
- Oversee Children’s Ministries from nursery – 5th grade. This will include a weekly children’s program
- Communicate, plan, implement and account church wide vision and goals from Sr. Pastor and Leadership Team to Chilren’s ministry.
- Develop, communicate, plan and implement student ministry vision and goals in accordance with the Brightside’s discipleship structure, core values, and philosophy.
- Seek, attract, and win kids to Christ
- Lead a staff of volunteers to help kids find and learn to follow Jesus
- Must be a believer in and a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Lead a lifestyle that exhibits passion and love for Jesus and God
- Young and energetic with a passion and love for students
- Evangelistic heart. Wants to grow the ministry not maintain it
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in Bible / Ministry is optimal.
- Experience in children’s and or student ministry
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office/ Computer Literate
- Must be in agreement with the beliefs and core values of Brightside Church (http://www.brightside.org under the What to Expect tab).