Brightside Church is seeking our next youth pastor. This individual will be working as part of an exciting ministry team that is focused on working together to create ministry environments where people can find and learn to follow Jesus. This is a part-time position that has the potential to become full time in the future. This is a great opportunity to grow and learn on the staff of a contemporary, exciting, and growing ministry.
Education Requirements: Bachelor in biblical studies / ministry or working towards completion
Contact: Pastor Greg Cooper, Greg@Brightside.org
8175 Broadmoor Ave. SE, Caledonia, Mi 49316
Resumes will be received until position is filled (position will begin Winter, 2017). You may send your resume for consideration by mail or email.
The Pastor of Student Ministries provides leadership and spiritual care for students and their families. They should develop vision and infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the church’s ministry strategies and philosophy. They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
To lead a team of volunteers to seek, attract and win students to Christ, build them toward Christ-like maturity and equip them to minister and win other students to Christ.
- Oversee Student ministries from 6th – 12 grade. This will include a weekend youth program, small groups, youth activities, missions trips, and camps and or retreats.
- Communicate, plan, implement and account church wide vision and goals from Sr. Pastor and Leadership Team to youth ministry.
- Develop, communicate, plan and implement student ministry vision and goals in accordance with the Brightside’s discipleship structure, core values, and philosophy.
- Seek, attract and win students to Christ
- Lead students toward Christ-like maturity
- Meet the unique needs of the students and help them to discover their giftedness for ministry
- Equip students to share their faith in Jesus Christ
- Equip and facilitate the growth of worship individually and corporately
- Must be a believer in and a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Lead a lifestyle that exhibits passion and love for Jesus and God
- Young and energetic with a passion and love for students
- Evangelistic heart. Wants to grow the ministry not maintain it
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in Bible / Ministry is optimal.
- Experience in children’s and or student ministry
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office/ Computer Literate
- Must be in agreement with the beliefs and core values of Brightside Church (http://www.brightside.org under the What to Expect tab).